Students will spend 16 weeks in full-time teaching activities under the supervision of a classroom teacher in elementary, middle and/or secondary schools. Guidelines for submitting applications to student teach are as follows:
- Students are recommended to meet with their academic advisors before submitting their application in Tk20.
- Deadlines for submitting student teaching applications are September 15 for students applying to student teach spring semester and January 15 for students applying to student teach fall semester. Applications will be available via Tk20 two months prior to each deadline date.
- Students must be members in good standing in the Teacher Education Program prior to submitting the student teaching application.
- Students must have a minimum score of three on each component of the Model of Appropriate Practice (MAP) Evaluation and Rubric for the Evaluation of Dispositions.
- Students must complete all courses related to major with a grade of "C" or better unless otherwise approved by the program coordinator. Students need to contact their program coordinator for specific information regarding the approval process.
- Students may not hold outside employment during the semester of student teaching without permission from the Coordinator of Student Teaching.
- Students must hold current CPR/First Aid certificates and liability insurance before being allowed to register for student teaching course(s). Documentation must be uploaded into Tk20.
- Students who apply for student teaching must not have previously withdrawn from, been denied admission to, and/or been removed from student teaching at CSU or another institution unless otherwise approved by the Coordinator of Student Teaching.
- After the submission of the application, the academic advisor/program coordinator will review and recommend application to the Coordinator of Student Teaching for final approval.
Student Teaching Resources
- Student Teaching Handbook (PDF)
- Student Teaching Handbook Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- Fall 2020 Student Teaching and Intern Calendar (PDF)
- Student Teaching Activities Log (PDF)
- Request to Work Form (PDF)
- Request to Take a Course Form (PDF)
- Reflective Journal (PDF)
- Parent Log for CSU Student Teachers (PDF)
- Model of Appropriate Practice (PDF)
- Emergency Absence Form (PDF)
- Code of Ethics for Georgia Educators (PDF)
- Tiered Certification Quick Reference (PDF)
- Suggested Timeline for Student Teachers (PDF)
- Student Teaching Notebook Checklist (PDF)
- Rubric for the Evaluation of Dispositions (PDF)
- Travel Statement of Understanding (PDF)