To qualify for a Teaching Internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted into the Teacher Education Program prior to submitting the application to the Coordinator of Student Teaching (click the link above to see requirements)
- Provide the CQTL Office with the entire score report noting passing scores on the appropriate state assessment for students outside the state of Georgia
- Have a school system or school complete the county application for internship. Note: A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) must exist between the College of Education and Health Professions (COEHP) and the school system/ school. The school system/school must agree to the terms outlined in the document.
- Hold an IN4T (Provisional), Pre-Service or an Alabama equivalent certificate. The IN4T and the Alabama equivalent certificates must be requested by the employing school system. The Pre-Service certificate is requested by the COEHP.
- Be employed in a Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accredited school within the service area that has been approved by the College of Education and Health Professions. An additional fee of $800 is assessed for mileage reimbursement for schools outside the service area.
- Satisfactorily complete all, or nearly all, coursework in the program of study.
- Have the Program Coordinator complete the assigned portion on the application for internship before submitting application to the Coordinator of Student Teaching. Students should direct questions pertaining to their specific programs of study to their Program Coordinators and/or academic advisors.
- Provide completion verification of special education course and a classroom management course.
Deadlines for submitting internship applications are August 1 for students applying to begin the internship fall semester and December 1 for students applying to begin the internship spring semester.